About Me

My photo
I am Teresa Chinn RN founder of #NurChat and I am passionate about healthcare communication through social media.

Thursday 16 June 2011

Is there anybody out there #nurseuk ...

Back in November 2010 I blogged and tweeted "is there anybody out there?" as I wanted to find like minded nurses with which to share information, knowledge and ideas. Since then I have been on a journey that has made me realise that yes there are nurses out there but we cannot see eachother.

Social media is moving forward at an immense speed - as nurses we need to use this new media in order to help us with juggling our busy professional and personal lives and our PREP requirements.  However we cannot use this if we are not able to see eachother!!

#nurse uk is a concept that I truly believe will over come this issue and it is simple ....

  • If you have something interesting to say, or found something interesting, share it - blog, tweet, facebook, forums, youtube etc
  • If you need an answer to a question or more knowledge about a subject then ask social media 
  • Keep an eye out for others wanting knowledge and support and help them

AND...

So we can all see each other add the hashtag...

#nurseuk

#nurseuk is a tag that will allow us all to develop and grow a social media nursing community. We as nurses can make this happen !

The full journey and idea for #nurse uk can be explored further on my powerpoint slideshow on slideshare http://slidesha.re/joS2AI



Lets get our community thriving - #nurseuk




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the blog, everything adds value!